Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Experiment

A rare early-morning post for me, but this worked so well last night that I had to share when I finally woke up this morning.

As many of you can guess, I miss Justin when we aren't together.  Quite a bit, by my own admission (and somwehat to my embarrassment, I'm not normally this dependant on people).  I'd made the suggestion in the past that he and I carve out TV time together, but plans he already had for last night put a crimp on that (at least for now).

So I tried something.  I've always believed you're only as far from someone you love as you believe yourself to be; if you feel close to them, you will be in some way, no matter what the distance.  So at 8PM last night, I curled up on my bed and watched Chuck and The Cape.  We watched them together last Monday night, and I enjoyed the time we spent together.

How was it?  It worked pretty well, actually!  I enjoyed watching TV for the first time in a while (most times, I use it as background noise to something else I'm doing), and while it would have been nice to have had him there, I didn't miss him nearly as much as I sometimes do.  Going to sleep last night, I almost felt like he was asleep next to me.  All in all, it was great.

Now, to see if I can't keep a good thing going today.  Time to get ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment