Friday, January 21, 2011

...A Single Step

As much as I hate to start off a new blogspace with a seemingly-cliche quote, I feel this one fits.  Especially in the spirit of why I created this space.

They always say 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'.  Some also look favorable upon those of us who write with the intent of helping others along with ourselves.  And that's why I started this, in a nutshell and with great encouragement.

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?  After all, with few exceptions most people stumbling on this space for the first time won't know me.  Sorry about that.  Here, let me start over.



As you'll likely notice during my upcoming writings, my name is Andrea.  I'm a 28 year-old southern California gal in love with life (though I tend to have the weirdest ways of showing it.).  I'm never quite sure how to quantify myself, though I'm sure there are more than enough people who know me well enough to do so easily.  My original base of operations (AKA home) is Ramona, CA.  For those not in the know, Ramona is a little country town about an hour or so outside of San Diego.  In spite of its size and distance from anything of particular use, it was a great place for me to grow up.  In addition to my parents (and their little dogs), I have an older sister who is in every way the 'good' one of the two of us.  She's already settled in her own house with her husband, her college education (including MBA!) complete.  I can't hate her for succeeding in her path, but it's not the path for this girl.

My current status?  I'm a bit further to the north 'seeking myself', as it were.  Okay, I'll admit it.  As of the writing of this entry, I live with a friend of mine in Azusa, CA (near Pasadena) while I attend classes at Cypress College for my Mortuary Science degree.  I just started the program this week, and I'm really enjoying it so far.  The instructors rock, the material is fascinating, and I'm already meeting new people and regaining my prior, somewhat more-sociable nature.

Why did I choose this path?  Well, I hate oversharing on the first encounter, but I will say that the environment I was in back home was...less than optimal, to put it mildly.  (Those who know me, feel free to laugh at my understatement.)  The less-sugarcoated version?  Well, I'm not quite ready tonight to share that.  But with time, I promise I'll tell more.  This blog is part of the healing process, after all.

You know, for not generally knowing what to write when I start a blog, I sure do say a lot.  I'll leave this here for tonight and write the next part tomorrow when I have a better idea of how to articulate my thinking.  Much love, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment