Monday, June 27, 2011

Freewrite 6/27: Unplugging

In short, I feel like I need to withdraw for a while.  I feel like I'm pretty well depleted emotionally and mentally right now.  Right now, there's little I want more than to curl up somewhere and recharge.  Minimal socializing, minimal of anything that would be hyper-taxing on me.  Just rest and recharge.

I felt it big time at the end of the Faire day yesterday.  Ever hit that wall where you think 'okay, I'm done'?  I did.  It wasn't anything anyone did or said, I just hit that wall.  It hasn't helped that I've had to be both a rock and in need of one these past few weeks.  The thought of having to keep on like this literally makes me tear up.  I can't do it anymore.  I can't function like this anymore.

So, I guess it's time to withdraw for a spell.  I'll still be nearby if I'm needed, I'll still be supportive, and I'll still be doing Faire (and Guild meetings) and related things.  I might even still be up to spending time with friends here and there.  But I can't be there the way I have been for people.  I may not be showing it, but I feel like I'm literally falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment