Monday, March 28, 2011

Freewrite 3/28 2/2: Potential Hope

I hate to get my hopes up too high, but I figured it was worth writing this all down.  It seems Justin actually is taking a lot of my prior venting to heart (at least on the surface he is).  He's started actually talking about planning for the podcast and such more openly, instead of keeping me in the dark about things.  While I'm still likely not going to be of much contribution at this point, at least it's something.  And at least I feel more included, instead of being shut out until a week or so before, as I was this last weekend.  I made sure to let him know that I appreciated his doing so.

Victoria apologized if she and Jared made me feel shut out.  But they really didn't.  She explained that they really didn't want to risk aggravating things between Justin and me, since they knew about the troubles he and I seemed to be having.  I don't blame them in the least for anything; personally, I'd rather he take responsibility for his actions.  I really don't care how noble he thought he was being, he took entirely the wrong approach, and he got called on it severely.  It would have been one thing for me to decline an event due to prior responsibilities, but to not even be told about it at all, to find out when it's posted as an event on Facebook...it's a bit hard to process.  I have free will for a reason, and I'd like the chance to use it, thanks.

From here, I don't know.  I've intentionally not kept up with the podcast since I felt so unwelcome about possibly contributing to it.  I'll see how I feel with time, and I might listen to it and start contributing to topics here and there.  I think there's still a mild sour taste left with how he handled it all, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment