Monday, March 7, 2011

Freewrite 3/7: Progress

For lack of better musings, this is an update to last night's posting.

Justin and I had a good talk about things from last night.  He apologized that he'd made me feel what I did, so it was a definite good step.  He did say he'd been trying to get me to engage all evening, only to feel like I didn't want to join him.  I told him that I did, he simply had to stop being subtle about it and make it a bit more obvious.  He mentioned I could be more vocal, which led me to reminding him that I tend to be reticent in new social situations.  I could go on, but what it boils down to is that it seems things weren't communicated well, and we'll work on it for next time.

He shared some of his insecurities with me as well.  He told me about how jealous he was of the DM cast members, how much he wanted to be able to join the group, how it's hard for him to feel ostracized from others due to his behavior, and so on.  It wasn't a good time now to work on things, but I offered to help him work on little things to help boost his confidence and (hopefully) cut down on the whole 'center of attention' deal he has trouble with.  He's really never shared anything of that sort with me, so I felt like I got to know him a bit more just by his sharing these things with me.  I also got him to admit he really doesn't know himself all that well.  It made me a bit sad to have him share that, but I feel like it adds a bit more depth to him.  I really hope I can help him with things, even if not right now.  More than just about anything, I want to help him be happy, be successful, and thrive.  From there, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment